The long run expertise of the Highlands and Islands was celebrated in style at the UHI business enterprise competition awards yesterday (Could 25).
Additional than 60 entries had been built by entrepreneurs and pupils and put ahead to judges this yr.
Judges whittled the shortlist down to 14 stand-out proposals with eight finalists getting house winners’ plaques and two specific prizes.
Hosted at UHI Inverness campus, it marked a return to in-human being awards adhering to previous year’s virtual occasion induced by the pandemic.
Tips ranged from a new style and design of a health supplement shaker, to a “clever” jumper created to document and tackle domestic abuse.
The entrants were being all praised by UHI Inverness principal and chief govt Christopher O’Neil as “exceptional”.
The award winners:
- Very best presentation: Ciara Bow.
- Best investigated: Aleksanda Czeck-Seklecka.
- Youth entrepreneur: Jack Barrie.
- Best social effects: Rebecca Wallace.
- Finest engineering: Calum Macdonald.
- Very best scholar: Chloe Muir.
- Professional: Jack Barrie.
- Culture and environment: Anna Renouf.
- Most progressive organization: Chloe Muir.
- Johnston and Carmichael accountancy package: Michael Fallows and Connor Rae.
- Best prize: Ciara Bow.